Bamboo is quite suitable for kitchen cutting boards and here is what we discovered:
- Durability – Bamboo is a very firm and condensed material and that translates to an excellent material that is, in most cases, impervious to nicks, cuts and gouges. As a kitchen cutting board will be used with sharp-edged knives and other utensils, it’s impervious qualities are preferred by those using the board.
- Anti-bacterial – Bamboo has a natural tendency to be anti-bacterial, helping to stave off the growth of harmful bacteria which occurs on other material used for cutting boards. This is crucial for food safety.
- Easy to Clean – Because bamboo is a non-porous material, that means it does not absorb liquids or food particles. Consequently, a bamboo cutting board is easy to clean and maintain.
- Environmentally Friendly – Bamboo is used for many products because it is a known renewable resource that grows quickly and sustainably. This makes it a more environmentally-friendly choice over other materials, such as hardwoods.
Conclusion: Most, but not all, bamboo cutting boards are somewhat lightweight and affordable. Home cooks and professional chefs prefer bamboo cutting boards for all the qualities we have listed.
Tips for the proper care of bamboo cutting boards.
Properly caring for your bamboo cutting board(s) should include the following:
- Always wash the board(s) by hand in warm, soapy water. Some vendors will claim their bamboo products are dishwasher-safe, but excess heat from the drying process may damage the board(s)
- Rinse thoroughly and dry the board(s) immediately after washing.
- It is suggested to oil the board(s) occasionally with either a food-grade oil or mineral oil. This aides in keeping the board(s) from drying out and cracking.
|State-Shaped Bamboo Cutting Boards|
| Click on any State listed below to view details on a
…..State-Shaped Bamboo Cutting Board from Amazon.